DARK TIMBER KENNELS
OUR ADVANCED GUN DOG IS WHAT MOST OF OUR CLIENTS CHOOSE TO HAVE IN THEIR BLINDS EACH YEAR. THEY ARE WELL STARTED, TONS OF MANNERS, CAN WORK WITH AND WITHOUT AN E COLLAR. THEY ARE GOOD WITH OTHER DOGS, CHILDREN AND PEOPLE. THIS IS A DOG THAT IS FULLY POLISHED WITH RETRIEVING, FORCE FETCH AND PRESSURE CONDITIONING. A 12 month old ADVANCED GUN DOG will have all that the 6 MONTH old LIGHTLY STARTED DOG has and an additional 6 months of training which include, but is not limited to the following.
* walk on leash
* walk off leash
* collar conditioning
* load up
* kennel training
* crate training
* intro to live birds
* intro to dead birds
* marking singles
* taught doubles
* marks out to 150 yards on land
* marks out to 125 yards on water
* marking drills
* sit whistle (on leash)
* force fetch AND PRESSURE CONDITIONING
* gun breaking, multiple guns
* 100% steady
* no bird TRAINING
* dog stand / layout
now added for for 2018
* Sit Whistle on and off leash
* Fetch and Force to a pile
* four handed casting
* Back drills on water and on land
* upland quartering drills
* live flyer pheasants flushed
* live flyer pheasants shot and retrieved
* pit blind training
* sunken dog blind / pit blind
* a frame dog blind
basically, a WELL POLISHED YOUNG DOG that has NICE POLISHED manners built in, FULLY STEADY, FULLY GUN BROKE. A DOG WITH LOTS OF CONSISTENCY THAT IS EASY TO TAKE HOME AND CONTINUE THEIR TRAINING IF YOU WISH OR JUST TAKE THEM HUNTING.
A GREAT EXAMPLE OF AN ADVANCED GUN DOG IS TUCKER. A SON OF MYLIE. BY DECEMBER 31, 2016, IN HIS FIRST YEAR OF HUNTING, TUCKER HAD PICKED UP OVER 1,000 BIRDS. THIS IS THE POTENTIAL OF WHAT OUR YOUNG DOGS CAN DO!
The real reason to get a dog at this level in our opinion is for one of the following reasons.
* IF YOU HAVE NEVER SUCCESSFULLY TRAINED A DOG BEFORE OR IF YOU JUST DON'T HAVE TIME TO TRAIN ONE PROPERLY AGAIN.
* IF YOU WANT A DOG WITH A BUILT IN OFF SWITCH
* YOU want to have a guarantee of what your future dog's desire and personality will be.
* YOU CAN TAKE YOUR DOG FROM DAY ONE AND START WORKING, HUNTING OR HAVING FUN
* YOU WILL HAVE A DOG WITH BUILT IN MANNERS AND FULL GUN BREAKING
* IF YOU TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING FROM DAY ONE.
* you don't have to WORRY ABOUT YOUR TRAINING ROUTINE BEING INCONSISTENT.
* and a ton of other reasons!
If this sounds like what you are looking for, a 12 month advanced gun DOG might be just what you are looking for.
typical cost for a 12 month old is 7,500.
10 OR 12 month old - ADVANCED GUN DOG