OUR EXTREME GUN DOGS ARE THE BIG BOYS IN THE RETRIEVING WORLD. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A DOG THAT CAN DO IT ALL, THIS IS THE LEVEL OF DOG YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.
CLIENTS WHO GET THIS LEVEL OF A DOG ARE LOOKING FOR A DOG THAT CAN BE HANDLED IN ANY SITUATION, LAND AND WATER. LIVE AND DEAD BIRDS. THESE DOGS RUN MULTIPLE BIRDS DOWN, LAND AND WATER. HAND SIGNALS AND WHISTLES. YOU CAN HANDLE THEM LIKE A REMOTE CONTROL EVEN IN DIFFICULT SITUATIONS AND HEAVY COVER OR FAST MOVING CURRENT.
THEY ARE MORE THAN WELL STARTED, HAVE AN ADVANCED SET OF MANNERS, CAN WORK WITH AND WITHOUT AN E COLLAR. THEY ARE GOOD WITH OTHER DOGS, CHILDREN AND PEOPLE. THIS IS A DOG THAT IS FULLY POLISHED WITH RETRIEVING AND WILL BE A DOG THAT CAN SIT IN THE BLIND AND MAKE YOU LOOK GOOD.
IT WON'T MATTER IF YOU ARE WORKING WITH CLIENTS OR JUST A GOOD DAY AFIELD BY YOURSELF, IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT YOUR CRAFT, THERE IS NO EXCEPTION FOR A HIGH END DOG.
ANYONE WHO HAS SPENT TIME IN THE FIELD UNDERSTANDS, A DOG CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GREAT DAY IN THE FIELD OR A MISERABLE ONE. YOU DON'T NEED TO BE AN OUTFITTER TO HAVE A NICE DOG. YOU JUST HAVE TO WANT A GREAT DOG.
OBVIOUSLY ALL DOGS AT THIS LEVEL ARE FULLY FORCE FETCHED AND PRESSURE CONDITIONED.
A 14-16 month old EXTREME GUN DOG will have all that the 12 MONTH ADVANCED GUN DOG plus has and an additional 6 months (roughly) of training which include, but is not limited to the following.
* walk on leash
* walk off leash
* collar conditioning
* load up
* kennel training
* crate training
* intro to live birds
* intro to dead birds
* marking singles
* MARKING doubles
* marks out to 250 yards on land
* marks out to 200 yards on water
* marking drills
* sit whistle ON LAND
* SIT WHISTLE IN WATER
* TREAD WATER ON WHISTLE
* force fetc
* PRESSURE CONDITIONING
* gun breaking, multiple guns
* 100% steady
* no bird TRAINING
* dog stand / layoUT
* advanced sit whistle on land
* sit whistle / tread water in water
* fetch to pile
* force to pile
* 4 handed casting
* 4 handed leg pattern blinds
* t pattern
* double t pattern
* wagon wheel
* water force to pile
* water t
* water double t
* honoring other dogs
* wipe out birds
* cripple bird training
* advanced marking drills
* advanced sit whistle
* advanced steadying concepts
* advanced boat concepts
* advanced blind concepts
* COLD BLINDS OUT TO 250 YARDS ON LAND
* cold blinds out to 150 yards ON WATER
basically, a FULLY POLISHED YOUNG ADULT DOG that has NICELY POLISHED WITH manners built in, FULLY STEADY, FULLY GUN BROKE. A DOG WITH LOTS OF CONSISTENCY THAT IS EASY TO TAKE HOME AND CONTINUE THEIR TRAINING IF YOU WISH OR JUST TAKE THEM HUNTING. AN EXTREME GUN DOG IS READY TO GO TO THE FIELD THE DAY YOU BRING THEM HOME, AND MANY TIME HAS ALREADY BEEN HUNTING PRIOR TO GOING HOME, DEPENDING ON THE TIME OF YEAR.
AN EXTREME GUN DOG CAN EASILY PICK UP WELL OVER A THOUSAND BIRDS A YEAR FROM THE FIRST SEASON YOU GET THEM HOME. THESE ARE THE LEVEL DOGS WE PUT IN FRONT OF OUR CLIENTS DAY IN AND DAY OUT WHILE GUIDING. THESE ARE THE DOGS THAT WATCH FLOCK AFTER FLOCK OF BIRDS COME IN. WAVE AFTER WAVE AND NEVER BREAK. THESE ARE THE REAL DEAL DOGS.
The real reason to get a dog at this level in our opinion is for one of the following reasons.
* IF YOU HAVE NEVER SUCCESSFULLY TRAINED A DOG BEFORE OR IF YOU JUST DON'T HAVE TIME TO TRAIN ONE PROPERLY AGAIN.
* IF YOU WANT A DOG WITH A BUILT IN OFF SWITCH
* IF YOU WANT A DOG THAT FULLY UNDERSTANDS RIGHT FROM WRONG
* IF YOU WANT A DOG THAT DOESN'T TEST YOU AT EVER TURN
* YOU want to have a guarantee of what your future dog's desire and personality will be.
* YOU CAN TAKE YOUR DOG FROM DAY ONE AND START WORKING, HUNTING OR HAVING FUN
* IF YOU WANT A COMPETITIVE DOG, OR A DOG CAPABLE OF COMPETING AT ANY TIME.
* YOU WILL HAVE A DOG WITH BUILT IN MANNERS AND FULL GUN BREAKING TO THE EXTREME
* IF YOU TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING FROM DAY ONE.
* you don't have to WORRY ABOUT YOUR TRAINING ROUTINE BEING INCONSISTENT.
* IF YOU WANT FULLY CONTROL OF YOUR DOG WHILE HUNTING, EVEN IF YOUR BUDDIES DOG IS NOT !
* IF YOU OUTFIT, GUIDE OR PROBabALY SHOULD
* IF YOU RUN BIG WATER, OPEN GROUND OR NEED MORE CONTROL OF YOUR DOG FOR ANY REASON.
* and, FRANKLY, a ton of other reasons !
If this sounds like what you are looking for, a 16 month EXTREME gun DOG might be just what you are looking for.
typical cost for a 16 month old is 25,000.
If you are looking for something completely special, consider our 2 year old dogs that have been hunting over clients for a season, typically picking up over 500 birds in the first season. We only have 3-4 dogs per year that qualify for this program. Price for a guide dog is 50,000 and are unlike any other dog on the market. If this is what you want, call us and ask for a professional series guide dog.
16 month old - EXTREME GUN DOG
DARK TIMBER KENNELS