DARK TIMBER KENNELS
6 month old STARTED DOG
we get many questions about what a 6 month old STARTED DOG HAS AND is. THIS IS A DOG DIRECTLY OUT OF FORCE FETCH AND PRESSURE CONDITIONING. A 6 month old STARTED DOG will have all that the 4 MONTH old ADVANCED puppy has and an additional 2 months of training which include, but is not limited to the following.
* LONGER retrieving land and water
* FORCE FETCH
* WALKING FETCH
* crate trainED
* retrieving off of a bumper machine
* MORE ADVANCED markING out at a distance
* normally retrieving on land out to 80 yards
* normally retrieving on water out to 50 yards
* retrieving with enthusiasm both directions
* delivering to hand
* DELIVERING TO A SITTING POSITION AND HOLDING THE BUMPER PROPERLY
* A FULL UNDERSTANDING OF HOW TO TURN OFF PRESSURE
* MORE CONSISTENT on obedience
* Collar conditioning
* no bite
* no bark
* no jump
* basic age appropriate obedience AND EXPECTATIONS
basically, a LIGHTLY started young DOG that has DECENT manners built in, BUT NOT FULLY FINISHED OR 100% CONSISTENT WITHOUT ADDITIONAL TRAINING.
The real reason to get a dog at this level in our opinion is for one of SIX reasons.
* IF YOU HAVE TRAINED DOGS BEFORE, JUST DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO START A DOG FROM SCRATCH.
* You don't want to do the "puppy" thing
* YOU want to have a guarantee of what your future dog's desire and personality will be.
* YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHY YOUR PUPPY IS DOING A CERTAIN THING OR,
* YOU DON'T HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE OF HOW TO TEACH A PUPPY MANNERS
* YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO TEACH THE PUPPY
If this sounds like what you are looking for, a 6 month LIGHTLY STARTED DOG might be just what you are looking for.
typical cost for a 4 month old is 4,500.